A major success with over 50 companies attending
STAINLESS STEEL SEMINAR on Tuesday 1st December and Wednesday 2nd December
The Stainless Steel Sawing Seminar organised by K R Saws was held on Tuesday 1st and 2nd December 2009.
K R Saws, together with the British Stainless Steel Association, had organised this event and requested the use of Prosaw’s facilities to demonstrate the practical aspects of cutting stainless steel and Prosaw are happy to oblige.
The seminar was run by technical personnel from K R Saws and was open with an introduction by Mr Nigel Ward of the British Stainless Steel Association.
- To provide a better understanding of the machining difficulties within the stainless steel alloy range.
- To introduce and demonstrate new tooling developments relative to sawing stainless steel.
- To provide a better understanding of the true costs involved in the sawing operation.
- To demonstrate real cost benefits and a new approach to stainless steel sawing.
- To challenge historical sawing parameters with a better understanding of the tool and machine.
Benefits of Attending
- Understanding how to avoid the pitfalls in the stainless steel sawing process.
- Cost reduction opportunities through better practice and new technology.
- Access to worldwide database of stainless steel cutting senarios.
- Specific solutions to individual company improvement objectives.
Who Should Attend
The workshop was of value to all those involved with stainless steel sawing. Especially engineers, Production managers and business owners who are responsible for sawing process controls and costs.
There was no charge for the seminar and visitors were welcome to send their own material for test cuts.
Gordon Jenner / Phil Crick